Thursday 15 November 2012

An excellent piece of design ...

Whilst wandering around the garden at Chatsworth a couple of months ago I discovered the most impressive bench rather tucked away from the paths.

If you look at it straight on you can see straight through it ...

A bench at Chatsworth ... [1]

Initially I didn't latch on to what it was. Then I got nearer and thought what an interesting feature ...

A bench at Chatsworth ... [2]

Eventually I realised this is a bench or seat [I can be slow] ...

A bench at Chatsworth ... [3]

If I had had more time I would have taken more photographs, it was just so pleasing to the eye ...

A bench at Chatsworth ... [4]

One of the best things about it is that it's great to sit upon.

It was designed by Corin Mellor.

I think it's more interesting than some of the sculptures I've seen in the grounds at Chatsworth.

8 comments:

  1. Wow...I love that. Very cleverly designed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a garden big enough to fit it in though I wouldn't want to maintain the garden personally of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever design!! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a mind that could create and design ...

      Delete
  4. How can such a simple design look so good,I like the way you can still see garden behind.Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned in the blog it's an excellent piece.

      Delete
  5. Your last sentence made me chuckle. You spread such joy around the world. As I zoomed in on the photo I wanted to clean the moss off of the metal. I felt the same way at church today as I noticed, during the prayers of the people, that there was a lot of dust on the ledges holding the books in front of me. I resolved to wipe every pews dust on the book holders after the service. That was the last time I thought about doing that until I saw the moss on your bench picture. The best laid plans of man and mice.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last sentence was muttered as an aside I think ... and the muck underneath the seat annoys me too. I think if we are well-intentioned that must be a good thing. Even better to carry the intentions out but having the intention is a start.

      Thank you for your kind words once again.

      Delete